Track Man hours VS. Progress
This is the age old question when hiring an off-site worker.
And is the most easily answered question for internet work - you will see it,
in real time, as it unfolds on your computer monitor!
To micro-manage progress you can hire the person to work full time in-house,
pay salary, sick leave, SSI and benefits, etc. - OR - have access to an online
progress summary like the one used by Internet Outsource Tampabay. It is quickly
read and uses up less management man-hours than on-site overseeing. Off-site
contractors are a small businesses' best asset - you don't pay for down time.
All billed hours are productive - on the job.
When a project is started with Internet Outsource Tampabay
you will be given a username and password that will direct you to your own protected
area of the site. There you will find an easily read breakdown which details
how many hours were spent and what was accomplished that day. You can then follow
specific links to the areas of your site that were updated. You will see for
yourself what you were billed for and exactly how much that stage of the project
To see for yourself how our online progress reports
look to the top right corner of this page to the "Client
Login" box. To see a real example of this system:
- Copy - email@example.com - and paste
it into the login 'email' text box.
- Copy - demoAdmin - and paste it
into the login 'password' text box.
- Hit submit. It gives you access to special password protected
Hit the "previous page" button there to return,
still logged in, to the home page.
- It will take you to the home page and you will now see see a greeting "Welcome
back John (Doe)" in the login box and a link to your private billing
- Certain fields are more suited to off-site accountability than others.
- - and the internet is one of the best. You can monitor progress from the
contractee's location as easily as from your own.
You, or your project manager, can monitor off-site designers
and programmers daily or moment to moment with the same amount of effort as doing
In on-site design house staffers are discouraged from leaving
their cubicles to converse with a project manager. Even though they are
in the same office complex - they communicate by phone or email. Their work
is viewed on the manager's monitor, from his or her location in the office. They
could be doing the same thing off-site, saving the employer thousands.
- With outsourcing, there is no wasted time.
- You pay only for the time the developers actually need to complete your project.
The days accomplishments can be viewed, in progress, as they happen.
- EXAMPLE_Farming : A tractor sits idle in
your barn (not consuming) until needed to plow a field or pull
a harvester. A mule must be fed and maintained year round - need him or not.
- Outsourcing reduces the time it takes to get things done.
- Every accountant knows if you don't use it enough to justify purchase - lease
it when needed.
Copyright © 2008 Internet Outsource Tampabay